Thursday, 25 June 2015

‘People Don’t Take My Family Serious’ – Elvina Ibru

Elvina Ibru, one of the daughters of multi-billionaire and glorified polygamist, Olorogun Michael Ibru, has said that one of the disadvantages of being a member of the Ibru family is that people don’t take them serious.



Elvina Ibru

Elvina Ibru



During an interview with Naij.com  Elvina, who joined Classic FM as a presenter in 2013, revealed that she had access to good education and other good things of life as an advantage of being an Ibru, but lamented  swiftly added that although it might sound strange, people don’t take her family serious.


“I have been working since I was 17, even when I was still in school. My mother, who was the first wife, died when I was 17 and I come from a polygamous home.


READ ALSO: ‘Bayelsa State Government Is Owing AMAA’ – Anyiam Osigwe


“We have always been hard working; we have always worked for our money.  The disadvantage is that you want to do a project and you walk up to corporate organization for sponsorship and you hear, ‘Elvina, do you want to make fun of us?’ Honestly, it’s a disadvantage.”


Elvina who has a son named Elisha, a six-year old boy, argued that the huge fan base on radio is not related to her status as a member of the famous Ibru family.


According to her, “I am open. I’m not a person that thinks too high of myself. I try not to do anything that I would be ashamed of or would have reason to be ashamed of in the future and I feel I’m a friendly person. I don’t look down anybody. I think people feel that about me.”



Elvina is a radio presenter and a businesswoman.


The post ‘People Don’t Take My Family Serious’ – Elvina Ibru appeared first on NAIJ.COM News – Nigeria news | Today"s Breaking news & headlines..



‘People Don’t Take My Family Serious’ – Elvina Ibru

No comments:

Post a Comment